The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report 2018 predicts that emerging technologies in the workplace will create 133 million new jobs across multiple industries. From virtual reality engineers to drone traffic managers, these new potential career paths will require a combination of technical expertise and broader 21st Century skills, including creativity, critical thinking, and interpersonal communication.
This webinar is an engaging session for students from Sri Lanka and the Subcontinent who are keen to study Engineering or IT at UTS. Learn more about kickstaring your pathway to UTS by studying your first year at the new UTS Insearch Sri Lanka campus in Colombo! Our campus allows you the opportunity to study close to home while staying on track with your ultimate goal of attending UTS.
Alison Hiscox, Principal of UTS Insearch Sri Lanka will be joined by:
- UTS Insearch SL Engineering Lecturer, Mr Kasun Sankalpa and student, Ms Vishnie Babeendran.
- Dr Alan Sixsmith, Director of Teaching and Learning, UTS FEIT and Ms Stephanie Himsley, UTS.
- Ms Jasmine Cheng, Engineering and IT Program Manager, UTS Insearch Sydney.
- Dr Damith Herath, UTS Engineering graduate.
The webinar will take you on an exciting journey to:
- Discover our UTS degrees and exciting new courses for future careers in Engineering and IT
- See first-hand the FEIT campus in Sydney through our experiential virtual tour
- Hear from our UTS alumni from Sri Lanka with a PhD in Robotics
- Learn from our current student about their experience at the Sri Lanka campus
- Meet one of our Engineering Lecturers from the Sri Lanka campus and learn about your first year at UTS in Colombo!
The live webinar has passed. But you can still check out the webinar recording along with the slides below.
- Video (Online)
- Slides (PDF)
- Q&A Summary (PDF) coming soon
We hope you discover more about UTS and what our Sri Lanka campus can offer you.
UTS Insearch (Sri Lanka)
M: +94 (0) 77 075 6871